Monday, September 28, 2009

Exciting, Not Exciting!

Exciting: Brian and Spence visited a new church yesterday!
Not exciting: The rest of us stayed home because Coleman was sick.

Exciting: We went to Double Dave's Pizza this weekend and I had my favorite veggie pizza!
Not exciting: We didn't get a chocolate chip pizza.

Exciting: It's Fall!
Not exciting: It doesn't feel like Fall.

Exciting: I've made 4 of the prizes from my blog contest that I announced last March.
Not exciting: Now I have to get to the post office to mail 3 of them.

Yes, this weekend had some exciting moments and some not-so-exciting moments. Coleman woke up Sunday with a fever over 101. Last night Brian tried to take him to urgent care, but they were already closed. He was just at the doctor Friday and was fine. I'm hoping this is just a virus and will be gone soon (without affecting the rest of us) and not the flu. Please say a prayer for him!

As for the church, we want to find a church that is in our community so we can be involved and serve where we live. Brian enjoyed the service where he visited yesterday, but I think it's going to be hard because we really love Westbury (our church of the past 11 years). But we're trusting that God will lead us where He wants us, and the new church, though it won't be perfect (what church is?) it will be the perfect fit for our family. Please say a prayer for us!

And about Double Dave's... it was our first restaurant trip using our new Entertainment coupon book. I am very proud of myself for not ordering a chocolate chip pizza! Of course, I bought a bag of chocolate chips at Wal-Mart and ate several handfuls that evening. I've got to get to work on this baby fat. Please say a prayer for me!

Now on to the weather. We had a few great days, but the heat and humidity is back. Yuck! Brian went out do yard work last night and came in feeling awful. I think a cold front is supposed to come our way this week. Please say a prayer that it will! (OK, you don't have to pray for our weather.)

And finally, I am very excited to finish all but one of the prizes. I delivered Pam's last weekend when we went to her daughter Charity's wedding. Now I need to pack up Jeani, Rhonda, and Debbie's prizes and mail them. Rita's is still in the brainstorming phase, so I'll probably get it to her at Christmas. Once the ladies receive their prizes, I'll post pictures to show what I made for them. I forgot to take a picture of Pam's prize, but it is very similar to Debbie's. I had so much fun (once I decided what to make for each person) and hope each of them likes her prize!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are on the way.
All of my children will pray too expect a MIRACLE.
Hope Coleman is feeling better tonight.
Oh my I forgot about the acts of kindness gifts.. I am so excited!
You are so kind Amanda we need to send you a gift. A spa afternoon!
T-4

Rita said...

How did Spence do at the new church?? Imagine ok, but one nevers knows...am praying for Coleman..I hope he feels better!!!

Mrs. H said...

Praying! And wow you have a newborn and still got those prizes together...what is my excuse! Thanks for the reminder maybe it will put a fire under me!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
I am just now reading this post. I am way behind. I guess since I got to see you, I haven't taken the time to check up on you. I will take a picture of my gift and send it to you, hopefully this weekend. My kids at school really like it, too. It is sitting on my cabinet right by the door. Lots of love to your family.

Pam