Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Christmas - Day 2

Tonight at bedtime I tried to tell the boys about Advent. I explained how it's the season that we get excited about Jesus' birth. I found some activities to do with them throughout Advent, and as soon as we get the decorations out I'll set out our Advent wreath (we missed the first Sunday of Advent). It didn't go so well tonight. Coleman had an attitude problem and Spence was interested in his I Spy book. Maybe tomorrow will be better!

Since that wasn't so interesting, let me share with you about my brave little man. Last week Coleman started allergy shots. He has so many allergies that he has to get two shots each time. Then we have to stick around for 20 minutes to make sure he doesn't have a bad reaction. He'll get his two shots once a week for about 23 weeks, then he'll be to the maintenance level and can go a little longer between shots. Last week I had to drag him into the room, hold him down, wrap my arms around his upper body and my legs around his legs. That was the only way to keep him still and not hitting or kicking the nurse. Yesterday I didn't even tell him we were going back for more shots until we turned on the road toward the office. He was pretty calm, and when he was called back for his shots I didn't have to chase him or pin him down. He stood calmly while the nurse gave him a shot in each arm. This can't be easy for him. I know I would be bummed if I had to get two shots every week. I'm just proud of my little guy!

Coleman said something funny last night when we were talking about the meaning of Christmas. He was asking about the gifts the Wise Men brought to Jesus. I told him they brought gold, frankincense, and myrrh. (I trusted spell-check to fix those last two!) I said those probably weren't gifts he would like to get. Coleman said, "I would like to get gold. Then we could play pirates with our swords and put the gold in a treasure chest!"

2 comments:

Rita said...

Ahh./he is gold..

Brave one also....hope they help!!!

Paul and Candice said...

Poor Coleman and Mommy. That can't be fun, but what a brave boy!

I could deal with some Gold myself:)