Friday, December 04, 2009

I Don't Believe My Eyes!



Today will break records! Snow has never fallen in the Houston area on or before December 4th. It's already starting! To my northern family and friends, please excuse my excitement over this phenomenon. This just doesn't happen here very often. The boys are beyond thrilled. I just hope I can find enough warm clothes to pile on them! I'll be giving some updates throughout the day. Starting now!

8:30 a.m. - Not sure if it is sleet or snow, but it is falling. It isn't cold enough for it to stick yet, but it looks so pretty falling from the sky. I canceled Allie's childcare reservation for the gym.

10:30 a.m. - BIG SNOW! The Christmas sweaters are laid out and the chili is on the stove!

11:30 a.m. - Snow is accumulating! Here are a few pictures. We dressed the kids up and tried to get a picture for the Christmas card.



2:00 p.m. - There's a fire in the fireplace!


3:00 p.m. - Time for a snowball fight!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know! I am so excited! However, they are letting all the schools out early and we have to stay. I'm not too happy.

Mrs. H said...

You don't know how jealous I am! I want it to snow here too!!! Y'all have fun in it and take tons of pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am JEALOUS! - just rain forecasted in Florida - guess we can't have it all. :)sheree

Rita said...

Great times....ya just gotta have snow for Christmas!!!