Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Deep Thoughts

I have no deep thoughts today. I'll say I'm functioning, but that's taking all the energy I can muster. Our flight home was supposed to leave this morning at 6:00, but we found out last night at 11:00 that it had been cancelled. There was no way to get us from Helena to Houston on Wednesday, but they were able to get us out of Bozeman, a town about 90 miles from Helena. So we got up at 4 am and Rita drove us to Bozeman for our 7:45 flight. It worked out pretty well since we originally were going to go through Minneapolis and only would have 45 minutes to change planes. (Note: It takes me that long to get everyone in and out of the bathroom.) With the new flight we were able to change planes in Salt Lake. I know Salt Lake airport and felt a lot better about having an hour and a half between flights. I'm sure the people in first class, separated from a 5 year old, 3 year old, and 1 year old by a flimsy curtain were glad we were on that flight too! They got to hear all of Coleman's video game noises and Spence's thoughts on how we were all in a big chocolate chip cookie in the sky. At least their feet couldn't reach the backs of the first class seats. Most times I feel like I'm on defense - swatting feet away from unsuspecting seat backs for the whole duration of the flight.

Well, as I said, I have no deep thoughts. So I'll leave you with Coleman's deep thought for the day:

Coleman: Do they speak English in Alaska?
Mommy: Yes. Alaska is one of the states.
Coleman: Then why are they stuck to that other country up there?

Good question.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this means you are home safely and have good memories tucked away in your pockets.
It is so nice you could go!
T-4

Rita said...

I am also out of deep thoughts tonight,,,except to say thanks for coming....we sure enjoyed all of you and love all of you!!