Thursday, August 26, 2010

Surviving the First Week

Coleman has had a good week in school, and I'm adjusting as well. I get emotional when I know a big event or life change is coming, but once it arrives I usually realize it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Not that I thought Coleman going to Kindergarten would be bad, but I thought I would be really sad. This first week has been kind of neat. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with Spence and Allie. Spence is most definitely a character. Most definitely. A character. Thankfully he starts Mother's Day Out next week, because I think he's getting a little lonely. Today he brought in a little yellow berry from a tree or bush and announced that it was his friend. It's name is Pashuzzi (Puh-shoo-zee). I told him that we should probably put Pashuzzi in a little house or he might get lost or eaten by the dog. I found a little tupperware and wrote his name on it. Spence has played with it a lot today. I even found him putting Pashuzzi in the Bat Cave.

New friends

Spence is a very go-with-the-flow kind of kid. So we've been dropping Coleman off at school and heading to Target or Wal-Mart or the bank and getting some errands done. I can't believe how much easier it is to pick up a few groceries with just 2 kids!

Spence and I have also had some fun play time just the two of us. Today we played with Coleman's new bucket of Toy Story soldiers. Ssshhhh! Coleman bought them with his own money, so I'm hoping he will take care of them and not leave them on the floor to become Maestro treats!

Being boys

Today was Open House for Mother's Day Out. Spence and Allie will be starting next Tuesday. I've been telling people that it's odd because I was so emotional dropping Coleman off for Kindergarten on the first day. But come Tuesday when I drop Spence and Allie off, I'll be burnin' rubber out of that parking lot! Momma's ready for a little break. And I know they'll have so much fun and will only be there two days a week.

Allie checking out her new classroom

And as we were leaving I had to make Spence stop walking on the benches. He said, "How will I get over the lava? That's Lava Land down there." Apparently he was planning to jump from one bench to the next. He had to find another way! Unfortunately, he did fall into the lava.

5 comments:

Rita said...

Characters are what make life fun!!!

thePiks said...

My life is a blast!

Anonymous said...

So grown up so quickly!
2 days with a little peace and quiet that is a blessing!
Treat yourself!
T-4

Jennifer said...

Isn't it funny how with the other kids we don't get upset about things? I was a little sad when I had to take EmmyKate to PreK on Tuesday and Scott asked if I was sad about leaving Easton and I told him no, I've had to do it too many times already!

Rhonda said...

burnin' rubber! I love it! I remember I used to try to fit a weeks worth of errands in those times I had all alone for a few hours a couple days a week. It's impossible-is what I found out. I think I ended up re-adjusting my expectations after a while. LOL
Enjoy!