Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Repurposing Toys

My kids are so environmentally conscious. When they don't use a toy as it was intended anymore, they find a new purpose for it. Take for instance some old truck trailers. No longer loaded with junk and driven around, now they are used to "transform" Spence into Optimus Prime. You might notice Coleman shooting at Optimus Prime with his gun, which used to be a sword.


Sometimes I like to take old things and change them up a bit also. I had this boring bulletin board hanging above the desk in my bedroom. I had been trying to decide what to do to add a little life to it for quite some time now. One day last week I figured with the 30 cans of spray paint we have in the garage, there were bound to be some colors that would look good. I found a nice espresso and colonial red and took that bulletin board from drab to fab in no time! (Sorry. I have no future on HGTV.)

Before

After

That was easy and free! I see some spray painted picture frames in my future.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That desk matches my dresser! We have my Grandmother's old bedroom furniture and that could be a piece of it!
Love the board and the boys!
Jaime

thePiks said...

We have my grandmother's old bedroom furniture too! I saw that desk at an antique shop and had to get it because it matches perfectly. That must have been a popular style of furniture because my mother-in-law also has some bedside tables that match it perfectly.

Rita said...

New board looks great....Have you been watching HGTV lately!!! :-)
ANyway...good idea...

Anonymous said...

You and Rhonda are
The Transformers !
Sounds like a good new show.
I love the new look!
T-4

Jennifer said...

That turned out really cute!

Paul and Candice said...

Very cute! I may be spray painting some frames too...great idea!!!