Monday, August 16, 2010

Growing Up, Growing Old?

Tonight was Kindergarten parent orientation at Coleman's school. Oh my. I'm not even going to get into how next week this time he will have finished his first day of school. No, not going to go there right now. Since we had to get a sitter for the orientation, Brian and I figured we'd go to dinner afterwards. We had such a nice dinner. It's always nice to get through a meal (that someone else cooked to my liking and then collects my dishes and washes them) without having to pour someone some juice, cut up somebody's meat, or hear complaining about how that's not what they wanted to eat. Ah, how meal time was meant to be. It was nice, but I was glad to get home to my precious babies. I try to enjoy the crazy, hectic meals along with the rare meals of peace eaten just with Brian. They are all special in their own ways.

The boys were up later than usual, and Spence was getting really sleepy. After I put Allie to bed, he came and sat in my lap in the rocker. He never does that, so I was totally enjoying it! A commercial came on for some makeup that is supposed to help dark circles and puffy eyes. Spence was intrigued.

Spence: What is that?
Mommy: Mommies put it under their eyes to help their eyes not look old.
Spence: Do we need that?
Mommy: Hmmmm. Do my eyes look old?
Spence: (turning so he can see my eyes) No. They just look tired.

I'll have to teach him to quit talking while he's ahead. Especially when a girl sets him up with a question like that!

No comments: