Sunday, August 22, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

'Twas the night before Kinder and all through the house
Mommy was typing and clicking the mouse.

The backpack was hung by the front door with care
In hopes that Coleman would remember it there!

Coleman was nestled all snug in his bed,
While visions of alphabets danced in his head.

And Daddy not worried and I with my tears,
Had just said our prayers and talked about fears.

Tomorrow will be here before I can blink,
My baby in school? I don't know what to think!

Will he cry? Will he scream? Will he walk right on in?
Will Mommy adjust as a new chapter begins?

These thoughts are all running around in my mind,
Will his teacher like him and what friends will he find?

If I won't leave will security take me away?
Then I'll drive by the school for the rest of the day!

I don't know about Coleman but I'm pretty scared,
You'll find out tomorrow how each of us fared!

Reading a story before bed

1 comment:

Rita said...

Ahh...you are going to make me cry1!

I pray it goes well for both of you!!

Love your poem!~~