Sunday, November 04, 2007

32 Is the New 25!

Maybe I have a few more gray hairs, I've recently purchased some Dove Pro-Age body wash and lotion, and I can't remember where I put... uh, whatever it was I was looking for! I'm not old though. It's strange how my perception of "old" changes as the years go by. The thrill of a birthday isn't what it used to be, but I'm grateful to have been blessed with another year. It's just not a childlike anticipation anymore. Now I anticipate my boys' birthdays and enjoy planning parties and buying and wrapping their presents. Actually, this is probably my best birthday ever. You know why? It's my first birthday with all my boys. Last year, even though I tried to coax him into arriving for my birthday, Spence was not here. I stared at the full moon and ate Mexican food, but he stubbornly just stayed curled up in his little safe haven. It's good though since he gets his own birthday. And this year Coleman is so much fun. We have the most interesting conversations and he says the funniest things (I could insert a comment he made in the intimate apparel section of Macy's, but I'll save that for another time). And there's also Brian. I am so blessed that he loves me. So I'm older than I was yesterday, but it's all good. I've stopped to count my blessings, and well, I don't think I can count that high. Know that I count all of you as blessings in my life. And just realizing all that God has blessed me with makes this a happy birthday.

My guys took me to dinner last night. Mexican food just like last year, only this year I had no excuse for eating enough for two!

After dinner we had ice cream. This is the same Baskin Robbins we took Coleman to for his first birthday, so this was an early birthday treat for Spence.

As you can see, he thoroughly enjoyed his ice cream.

And I enjoyed some whenever I could get it away from Coleman. He's a mint chocolate chip lover like his Mommy.

This is a family picture Coleman's Sunday School teacher took of us this morning.

5 comments:

Rita said...

OK>>>58 is the new 45!!!!!!!!!

Age is just a state of mind...you look more beautiful every year and the work you are doing for your family is God's way of saying the world should continue...what a glorious family you are...We love you...

Wonder if the boys will enjoy ice cream as much when it is really WINTER outside...probably...can't wait to see you!!
Love
Gale and Rita

Sherrie said...

Happy Birthday !!!! I will be turning 32 next Saturday. I to am dreading it. The years are just whirling by.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!
You are still so young-and such a good mother-I haven't been reading your blog lately-but I really love to. Love, Mary

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday a few days late. I hope you had a wonderful day and I am so glad that God brought us to Westbury so that I could meet you and call you my friend!

Jeani said...

Your cards are on the way. Happy Birthday to both you and Spence.
You are a great asset to our family and we love you dearly.
Jeani