Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Odds and Ends

Yesterday was a strange day. I think it was a combination of things:
  1. The boys are still getting used to the time change. Coleman was up and at 'em at 6:50! And Spence's eating schedule is all off. He was ready for dinner around 5:00, which is pretty early for him.
  2. I'm finally on antibiotics and Claritan D for my sinus/allergy/cold/whatever. I'm coughing less, but I was in a total funk yesterday. I couldn't get motivated to do anything.
There was probably a third thing, but I can't remember what it was. Coleman was doing some strange things yesterday as well. Well, maybe they weren't strange for him, I just happened to have the camera handy and was able to capture them! See the pictures at the end of this post. Anyway, I previously alluded to a comment Coleman made the other day in Macy's as we walked by the intimate apparel, specifically the bras. Here it is:

That's where nipples go!!!

Yes, we got some looks. But one has to understand what our son sees on a daily basis. As any breastfeeding mother knows, baby eats 10 to 12 times per day in the beginning. Then there's the pumping you have to do. These can be some interesting sights for a 2 year old. I hope he's young enough that he will not have memories of this! I have some funny memories to cherish though.

And in the role of consumer advocate, I have an alert to share. Last night, in the funk that I was in, I could not decide what to make for dinner. The boys and I were roaming the aisles of Randalls (a local grocery store that I use only for convenience since it is quite pricier than other stores) looking for ideas. I was looking at the prepared meals in the refrigerated section and came across something new. Chili's and Macaroni Grill now have some of their famous menu items for sale in the grocery store. I like Chili's fajitas, and I've bought other fajita kits before and they were good. Plus, we'd spend more than $8 if I went through a drive-thru somewhere. It was just heat and serve, and then BARF! I am going to write the company and tell them they should be ashamed of selling this dog food under their label! I'm also going to ask for reimbursement or a gift card to Chili's for some real steak fajitas.

Strange Happenings at the Piks

If Coleman were in charge of snack time...
I should know better than to leave the box of crackers within his reach!


I guess this is his happy place.
(in the kitchen cabinets)

3 comments:

Rita said...

I can not do anything but just snicker at those photos....just precious....

As for the packaged stuff...I bought Gale some microwave tv dinners...for those nights I need off in the kitchen and I just want a peanut butter on toast...guess they are pretty awful...when will we learn there is nothing like home cookin' or at least a good Sonic burger...."-)

Sherrie said...

Got to love the honest comments that come out of kids' mouths. They just speak whatever is on their minds. Got to love them!!
I like Colem's Happy Place!
Hope you feel better.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how long it would take till you got some of those kid germs. As I was watching mom enjoy those popsicles with the boys I remembered years of doing the same and getting kid germs.. One of my family friend doctors told me ... don't eat after your kids throw the food away don't finish it thinking you are wasting money. You are saving yourself from their germs. You won't be sick if you don't share their food or finish what they do not eat. Well I was surprised with her advice but she was right. I quit sharing with them and I did not get sick any more.
I could not help but think about that when you were eating the popsicles.
Hope you feel better soon.
Ya I like Colemans idea of snack time.. ha.. and the intimate apparel words.. haaaa. and the best place to play.. why buy toys. the best thing Santa could bring is a big refigerator box!
Get well soon!
T-4