Thursday, November 08, 2007

He'll Always Be My Baby

I had expectations to have an amazing post yesterday for Spence's birthday, but it just didn't happen. I feel like I've been busier lately for some reason. I don't think more is going on, but it seems like it. Seems like more laundry, more junk piling up, more dirty dishes in the kitchen, more toys everywhere. And as I type I'm adding another thing! Spence's Elmo cake is in the oven. The boxes of frosting mix and red food coloring are sitting on the counter. Oh, this could be a mess. We'll see how it turns out. I promise to post a picture, however it looks!

On Tuesday night I was thinking about one year ago when my labor started. We started timing contractions about 8 pm and checked into the hospital about 10:20 pm. Spence was born the next morning at 4:20 am. I cannot believe it's been a whole year!

I felt bad because I left Spence at daycare all day on his birthday. Wednesday is the day I teach music at our church's preschool, so he and Coleman go to daycare and I have a few hours of free time then pick them up a little after 5:00. He didn't know the difference though! When we got home I made chocolate chip muffins and put a candle on his. All was forgiven!

I'm ready to get him off of baby food, so I've been trying new foods. He spits out creamed corn and sweet potatoes, but he loves dog food. If I forget to close the laundry room door, he gets into Maestro's food. Coleman agrees that this is nasty, so he must have forgotten about the dog poop he ate when he was about Spence's age. I made a casserole Wednesday night that Spence loves. It's ground beef, tomato soup, salsa, cut up flour tortillas, and cheese. Sounds strange, but he can't get enough. I'm not sure if I should take offense and assume he thinks it tastes like dog food or not.

Tomorrow Nana and Poppa are coming to see the birthday boy. We'll go to Build-a-Bear Workshop and make stuffed animals for Spence and Coleman. Coleman is already telling us he wants Spence's animal. Then Saturday we'll have a party with cake (probably edible but most likely deformed) and presents. Coleman has some presents to open too. We'll have pictures to share soon!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Love you ...