Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One Is Silver and the Other Gold

Remember that rhyme that goes, "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold"? I was thinking about that this afternoon because I got to spend today with an old friend. New friends are great, but there's just something about an old friend. We've been friends since first grade, so that means (hold on while I do my math) we've been friends for 25 years! Isn't that amazing? One thing that I think is so special about our friendship is that it isn't just based on the "hey remember back in high school when..." stuff. Sometimes we reminisce, but we talk about our lives now mostly. We both have families and stay at home. Our kids love playing together. We don't have to do anything special when we get together (except eat!) and we have a great time. So thank you for staying my friend throughout the years Candice! It means so much that we can still get together and pick up like no time has passed. And you are my Harleton connection. I just realized I didn't get any stories from back home today! Maybe next time. And remember, I have pictures of all your hairstyles throughout the years, so be nice to me!

2 comments:

Rita said...

I'm glad you have a wonderful time with an old friend....the 3 F's....faith, family and friends....what else is there????

Anonymous said...

You made me cry! You are so sweet, and we had a great time, too! It is really nice that our friendship has matured with us. I'll have to write down all my Harleton stories for you for next time. You know my memory is going fast! Love ya!