Wednesday, November 21, 2007

God's Favorite Magazine?

Yesterday my stubborn streak finally came to an end. I had enough of being sick so I went to see my doctor. Last month I went to a clinic and saw a nurse practitioner. My cough did go away, but the congestion, sinus pressure, and sheer miserability (I know that's not really a word) had gotten to be more than I wanted to deal with. She gave me a stronger antibiotic. I'm praying that it will knock this out!

I made my appointment with the doctor, then called to see if the teenage girl across the street could babysit Coleman. She already had plans, so he had to come with me and Spence. I brought books, cars, snacks, and promised if he was good we'd go to McDonald's afterwards. When we were called back to the exam room, I was pretty nervous about Coleman being in there. At his doctor's office, he loves to open the cabinet doors and drawers, play with the sink faucet, and switch the lights off and on. We walked in, and I looked in the magazine rack. There right in front was an Automobile magazine. I told Brian it was as if the Lord had put it there! Coleman sat and looked at it the whole time we waited. (By the way, why do they call you from the waiting room to the exam room if they are going to have you wait some more? Oh well, it worked out great this time.) I think I may subscribe to this magazine and keep it on hand for such occasions as this! So I witnessed God's provision through a car magazine. Strange, but it got my attention!

And not to leave out my youngest, he has been taking 7 or 8 steps at a time. He's pretty wobbly, but he's getting around!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda-I hope you are feeling better.I just took Nate to the doctor yesterday-those days will be over soon-He turns 17 tomorrow-Happy Thanksgiving!!!and thanks for the picture of Spence.I think that magazine was there just for Coleman!!!!Love,Mary

Anonymous said...

He's walking?! Wow!

Car magazines were a hit here too.
I remember a couple of Christmas' I would buy one of those hot rod magazines (minus the girls in the swimsuits) and roll it up and put 'em in each of their stockings.
They would love it.

I do hope you feel better soon.
I'll say a prayer for you right now.

Happy Thanksgiving Amanda.
Love,
The Mitchell's

Sherrie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Amanda and Brian. Hope you all have a great turkey day! Hope you feel better too! I'll pray for health for your family!
Walking... soon he'll be running. And you'll have to get 2 car magazines, because the boys won't want to share the one....
Love Ya,
The Gohre's

Anonymous said...

My cake will make you well! Mom