Monday, November 12, 2007

Conversing With a Toddler

Sometimes Coleman and I have odd little exchanges that I think I'll want to remember and share with the grandparents and others who might like a little two-year-old humor every now and then. So here's one from awhile back (Actually September. Sometimes I start writing, then I decide not to post it for some reason.) I had pulled Spence up off the floor and he started "dancing." So I held his arms and we danced for a while. The only song I could think of with the word dance was Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody. So of course I started singing it.

Coleman: What's that song?
Me: That's a song that was popular when I was in Jr. High.
Coleman: What's Jr. High?
Me: That's when you're at a bad age and you have really poofy hair.
Coleman: I don't want poopy hair. I have poopy hair in January.

Tonight will mark a milestone at the Piks'. This will be the first time in Spence's entire life (1 year and 5 days) that I will not put him to bed. This will most likely be a problem because both me and my, how can I say this politely, boobies will be gone. He's never gone to bed without nursing. Our Sunday School class is having a girls' night, so Brian's in charge tonight. Please pray for him, and that Spence will take his sippy cup!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for the dance and poofy hair story....better wrte it in hisbabybook.....

Well...best wishes to Spence and Brian tonight....suppose Spence may do better than Daddy...:-))????

Sherrie said...

Good luck to Brian. I remember coming home from work when Roz was 2. She would be Cheeto faced, hair, and hands. Not to mention the Cheeto prints all over. Fun times!
Hope you had a good girls night out.
Love Ya.

sheree said...

I'll be praying for Brian and Spence. Have fun yourself tonight. That conversation sounds familiar. Kids do say the darnest things - and they are so cute. Two redeeming qualities.