Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finally, My Opinion!

Those of you that have read my blog for any amount of time know that I am a fan of Dancing With the Stars. (If you're not, you may want to stop reading right now. There are no cute stories about the boys in this post.) I have to admit, when the stars were introduced this year, I was not that impressed. I'm not sure why. I guess I had gotten so into the cast last year that I hated to see them go and figured no one else could live up to the excitement and entertainment that they brought. (Brian is definitely rolling his eyes right now.) Since I am such a fan though, I decided that I would give the newbies a chance to prove themselves. I have to say, I really enjoyed the show this week. Monday night the male stars danced, then Tuesday it was the women's turn. I wasn't familiar with several of the stars, such as Christian de la Fuenta, Mario, Jason Taylor, or Marissa Jaret Winokur. But now I am. My favorites are Marlee Matlin, Marissa, and Kristi Yamaguchi. I also like Mario and Jason Taylor, but I haven't seen enough of their personalities to know if they are favorites or not. Priscilla Presley actually impressed me, but she's not a top pick. Who has to go? Adam Carolla and Penn Jillette. And soon!!! Monica Seles was also not very impressive, but if you remember, she's a lefty, so I'm sure there is some discrimination against lefties in ballroom dancing. I'll give her a chance. Oh, I'm also very disappointed that one of the pros, Maks, is not back this season. But the new guy, Fabian (is that a male dancer's name or what!) seems likeable. The one thing about the show that I dislike is how they drag it out. Lose the comments from last year's competitors, take the mike away from that girl host, cancel the performances from today's hottest bands, and just let the couples dance! Then it wouldn't take 3 hours for 12 couples to do a 3 minute dance. These are all just my opinions though. It will be interesting to see who goes first. I'll be there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you did get to watch the shows. I only saw the boys-not sure who I like yet-next Monday I'll know more. You are right-they could do the whole thing probably in 30 minutes-or at the most an hour. Maybe just watch it later. Until next Monday!! Mary

Rita said...

As much as I love dancing...I haven't gotten into it...when is it even on?? Last year when I watched the only star I knew was Marie Osmond...I couldnt tell lwho was the pro dancer and who was the star??? Bad, uh??
Gale and I have watched Am Idol a couple times..there is one young guy , like about 15 or so. and he is just wonderful...maybe someday I should vote...??

I will be sending you an article or just have Gale bring it down..
It's worshipping to IN THE MOOD>>>our song!!
So glad Brian enjoys it as much as you do....:-)
Loe ya

Anonymous said...

Hey Pikkulas!
Brigit gave me the link to your site. What a charming family you have! Happy spring and happy Easter :)

Brian's old friend, Jennifer from Helena.