Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Western Theme Continues

Before the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo begins, trailriders from all over the state ride into the city. They try to recreate the old West, and along the way make stops at different places, one of which is our church. The preschool and daycare kids get to go out and see the cowboys, horses, wagons, Native Americans, and hear a band perform. Mom and I took Coleman and Spence yesterday to see all of this.

The trailriders came through our church parking lot.
Coleman's favorite thing was listening to the drummers who were part of an elementary band.

Native Americans from the Alabama Coushatta tribe visited with the kids.

Coleman reluctantly petted a horse.

A cameraman from a local news station interviewed Mom and me. We were possibly on the 6 o'clock news, but I forgot to watch and record it!

3 comments:

Rita said...

What fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Spence in those overalls melt my heart.

Jennifer said...

I can not wait to take EK to the Livestock Show this year. I know she is going to love it. I just have to figure out when we can go with our busy, busy schedule the next few weeks!