Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yeah, I'm Cute



I wanted to get a picture of Spence to show off his new shoes, so I pulled out the camera and took a few shots. He looks so adorable, forget about the new shoes! He is such a sweet little guy. And of course his brother is a sweet little guy also, it's just that he's three. He's been moody lately. He'll be fine, then all of a sudden he's quite distressed about something. Reminds me of when I was a teenage girl. He'll let you know exactly what he thinks or wants from you. Yesterday I was asking him a question and he said, "I'm playing with my stickers. You can't talk to me right now." Two seconds later he's the sweetest child on earth. I guess that's normal.


When he gets up from rest time (the word nap is taboo) we're going to make Easter cookies. I've got cutters in the shape of a cross, an egg, and a bunny. Then we'll do an Easter activity. I spent some time earlier today looking online for Easter activities for toddlers. I think I found a few good sites. Here's one in case you have little ones and are looking for ideas, and if you have any good stories or activities to share the true meaning of Easter with toddlers let me know!

This week we remember the last week of Jesus' life here on earth. I think of the agony He went through leading up to and on the day we now call Good Friday. We can call it that because we know what happened three days later! I hope you have a wonderful week and can focus on Jesus, His wonderful sacrifice, His amazing love for us, and how we can share that with others.

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

The boys are getting so big. It looked like they had a great time Easter egg hunting. Hope you all have a great holiday.

Rita said...

WOW Spence...nice shoes....And cute smiles from both of them..

Isn't it nice..to have one sweet one at all times....when Spence goes thru this stage Coleman is in. Coleman will be out of it!!!

What did you think of the Easter book for kids I sent?? I thought it had a good story for little ones...Have a good and blessed week also!

sheree said...

Hey, have you tried resurrection eggs or Ms. patty cake. They tell the story great for little ones. Eggs are more for Coleman than Spence, but they'll both love Ms. pattycake. Pardon the grammar and spelling. Also, we tried the empty tomb cookies last year; but I messed them up. I am sure you can find recipe online. If not let me know, I have it and will try again this year. LAstly, resurrection biscuits; again, recipe online, simple marshmellow, biscuit recipe.
Maybe something will be new to you. I'll check out your site also.

Oh, we did a jelly bean thing where each color represents something in the life of Jesus . . . that really caught on at preschool with my 3 year olds. As have the resurrection eggs and Patty cake.

enough from me; enjoy the week.