Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope you had a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. It was a beautiful day here for that kind of celebration. Here are some pictures from our day.

Family Picture taken Easter Morning

Two of the sweetest boys you ever did know

Time to hunt the Resurrection Eggs!

Coleman found almost all of them.

Spence found one too!

After all the eggs were found, we sat down and opened them one at a time. Each egg contained something that helped tell the Easter story, such as a small palm branch, a piece of Chex cereal (for the last supper), a cross, a stone (to symbolize the one that sealed the tomb), and finally an empty egg (to show that on Easter morning Jesus was no longer in the tomb). There are 12 eggs in the full set of Resurrection eggs, but I took out some since Coleman is still so young. I really didn't want to give him access to a nail. We were given the eggs last year at our church's Easter egg hunt, but this was our first year to use them. We had a wonderful Easter! I hope you did also!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Wonderful pictures...and what a great idea with the eggs...love the new look of your blog site....Grandpa is quite excited to come see all of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very nice Easter. And your new blog site looks great-had me a little worried-I'm new at this. I figured it out. As long as I can comment, I'm OK. Mary

Anonymous said...

awwww Happy (belated) Easter.
:)