Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Weekend In Review


It seems like the boys have been changing so drastically lately. They went to stay with Nana and Poppa this past weekend so we could get some work done in the kitchen, and when they came back Sunday evening Coleman looked different! Spence is like a little man now. He loves to copy whatever his big brother is doing. Their favorite game is "hide and go scare." Coleman tells me or Brian where to hide and to scare him when he comes into the room. Then he tells us where he will hide and that he's going to scare us. Spence is getting into it also.

Coleman is full of advice too. He and Nana were going to pick up dinner from Whataburger Sunday night and as she was buckling him into his carseat he said, "You just go down Highway 6 and you'll get there." Today I was trying to get Spence out of the bathroom after they had both watched me go potty. I don't remember the last time I went to the bathroom without an audience. Oh well, that's a different story... As I was saying, I was trying to coax Spence out of the bathroom and Coleman said, "Pack it up! We're going home!" He informed me that he heard that on Toy Story. I got a kick out of the fact that he remembered the line and used it in an appropriate situation! Too much!

Brian and I did get a lot done on the kitchen project, but there's a lot left too! Coleman and Spence were supposed to stay at Nana and Poppa's until Monday, but Coleman just couldn't take being away from home any longer, so they came back Sunday evening. Even today he was still telling me he missed me. How sweet!

I have to tell you one highlight of my weekend: feeding only myself at mealtime! I think that's something you take for granted unless you have little ones. Oh, I guess I did have a couple of trips to the potty without my audience. That was nice too. Thanks Nana and Poppa.

Proof that I did indeed help with the kitchen. Here I'm sanding where the old hinges were. I also painted the wide open spaces. I'm banned from the trim.

Didn't Brian do a great job on the subway tile backsplash? I'm very impressed.

He also got started on the other wall, but we ran out of time. It's really coming together though!

5 comments:

Rita said...

The boys do look so grown up....I'm not sure I can allow to get on a plane to Houston without me on it also....um....I may just have to ck into it....

You need to ask Coleman who he will marry when he grows up...he'll say you and you will melt....

The kitchen looks quite sweet.I think you have excellent taste....in more ways than one!!

Love to all

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks great. You guys are doing a good job-Mike doesn't let me paint at all-I guess I am a little messy. He's a perfectionist. He got that from his dad who was in the air force. But I's rather have him that way than a slob. Kitchen is beautiful!!Mary

Jennifer said...

The kitchen looks great! Y'all are doing a really good job on it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

sheree said...

Wow, the boys do look so grown up in those pics. Sounds like they are a lot of fun; I understand the bathroom scenario; thankfully Caleb is just about over following me in there. Riley is newly curious about what exactly is going on. Interesting discussions.
Kitchen does look great.