Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Days of Thunder

When I don't post for a few days, it either means so much has been going on that I've been too busy, nothing has been going on so I've had nothing to blog about, or I've just been lazy. That last one is rarely the case. I better be truthful or I might get struck by lightning! We've had enough of it around here. In the last week we've been kicked out of the pool three times due to inclement weather. The thunder had no mercy on us today, even though it was Coleman's first day of swim lessons. What a bummer! Hopefully tomorrow it can hold off until the afternoon so he can start learning to swim! I've been trying to hype this up for some time now. He usually says, "I don't want to go to swim lessons because I don't know how to swim!" I've tried to explain that that's the point. I think the concept might be lost on him. In regards to all the thunderstorms, I have to say we're very grateful for the rain, and if getting booted from the pool is the worst of it, we're quite blessed. I know parts of the country are dealing with major storms and my prayers go out to them.

Little did he know, his trunks wouldn't even get wet today.

Remember, it's a swim lesson towel, not a beach towel.

Spence and his kiddie cone at McDonald's

Unfortunately, Coleman's friend Keller and his family did not get to come this past weekend. He woke up with an ear infection Saturday morning. Feel better Keller! We did, however, get to celebrate a week's worth of successful pottying by going to Incredible Pizza Company. Coleman really wanted to go here because they have go karts. He and Daddy won the race, but the pictures didn't turn out very well. Here are a few pictures that did capture the fun.

Cheering on Daddy as he shoots baskets!

Yeehaw!

Conductor Coleman

Oh, another exciting thing happened this weekend. Our neighbor across the street was elected Mayor of Sugar Land! For some reason I feel a little more powerful than I did last week. I'm sure he's dying to hear all my ideas.

And congrats go out to Brian! Sunday night our church had Bunco and Banana Splits. If you don't know, Bunco is a dice game. I overheard one of the older ladies say, "I can't believe this is a Baptist church." Ha! I think towards the end of the night she caught on and might have even enjoyed herself. Back to Brian though, out of about 70 people there, he won a prize for the male with the least amount of wins! Love ya Brian! Ask him about his sweet potato gun some time.

3 comments:

Rita said...

Oh...thank you so much for the post....it really makes me feel like I am closer to you in spirit if not miles....pictures are wonderful..boys are darling and you look stunning!!

Sherrie said...

I finally have time to catch up my favorite blogs. They boys are just adorable! They are getting so big. I love the comments and questions of Colemans'. they are so funny. I love his swimming towel..Nemo! Hope everthing is going well. Take care and talk to ya later.

Mrs. H said...

Hey is the sweet potato gun like a potato gun? I've seen those at The Academy. I really want to get one for my brother.