Thursday, June 12, 2008

Oh So Very Strange But True

The following is a true story. It is also a disgusting story. I find it humorous too, but maybe that means that I'm sick. I've gone back and forth trying to decide if I should post this or not. But hey, this is our life. Sometimes life is messy. I'll warn you now, this story involves bodily functions and feminine products, so you make the decision that's right for you. And please, if you read it, leave me a comment. I want to know if I should omit any future stories of such a distasteful nature, or go ahead and share if they're funny.

Coleman is sick. He's going to the allergist tomorrow. Brian is getting sick. Spence has a stubborn tooth that has been trying to break through for, oh, I don't know, like 2 weeks! Enough already! We were up 'til all hours of the night trying to get him to sleep so he wouldn't keep John and Mary awake. They had to be up and to the hospital for doctor appointments this morning.

It was relatively nice this morning, so instead of driving to Walgreens to get Oragel for Spence, we walked and took the stroller. At the store, I purchased the teething medicine and maxi pads. If you remember, I'm trying to be greener, so I declined a bag for my purchases. On the way back home we passed one of Coleman's favorite parks, so we stopped to play for awhile.

Oh, side note: Coleman has been wearing underwear and hasn't pooped in his pants for about a week now. Back to the story...

At the park, Coleman started acting strangely and doing a little dance we've named "The Poo Poo Dance." I knew we couldn't make it home before he went in his pants, so I asked him if he wanted to go right there. (Nobody else was at the park.) I thought it would be a little obnoxious to just let him poop on the ground, but I had nothing with me - except Oragel and a bag of maxi pads. I opened the package and dumped all the pads out into the bottom of the stroller, then brought the bag over and held it under Coleman's bottom. He went right in the bag like this was nothing new to him! Then I unwrapped two of the pads and just wiped him off, threw them in the poop bag, and dumped it in the trash. I know this has to be the strangest thing I've ever done. Or at least that I'm willing to write about.

6 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Okay, I was laughing too! I was trying to anticipate what was coming, and I have to tell you that pooping in the bag didn't cross my mind! I loved that he did it like it was done on a daily basis, that made me chuckle!

Rita said...

We are just giggling....Motherhood makes one do strange things....good for Coleman....didn't bother him!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stories like that just have to be shared! What would grand mothers do without their good laugh for the day!

Thanks Amanda!

T-4

Alexander Family said...

Hilarious and yes you should post these stories. Those are precious memories and you are Super Mom for being so resourceful :)

Jeani said...

What a trooper. I don't know if a little girl would do that. That is one great thing about little guys. Anywhere is fine. LOVED the story.

sheree said...

Wow, I don't know what I would have done. But, hearing your story encourages me that nothing is unusual and that I can think outside of the box. Ha. Thanks for sharing - or not sharing with the next park goers. :)sheree