Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to the Three Dads In My Life

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. I am blessed to have three fathers in my life. Here is a message to each of them:

Dad,
What a wonderful father you are! I have so many great memories from growing up. My favorite memories are of going water skiing, bike riding, playing basketball, and father/son canoe trips! I could probably count on one hand all the events I was in that you missed. You were at every basketball game and track meet, and several tennis matches! You built a long jump pit in our front yard so I could practice. You made sure our basketball goal and free throw line were regulation so I could shoot around at home. You always included my friends, especially the ones that didn't have a Super Dad like you. I think you probably would have adopted several of them if you could have! You put up with slumber parties and shopping trips! As I got older, you didn't kill any of the guys I brought home. You probably wanted to kill a few, but you would have missed us too much if you were in prison. Thank you for teaching me right from wrong, taking me to church, always being there, and just being you! I'm sure others have good Dads too, but no one else has you! I love you and can't imagine having any other Daddy!

Gale,
You became my father-in-law 9 1/2 years ago. You have treated me like a daughter since the first time we met. I don't believe I could have found a better father-in-law if I had tried. You are so supportive of everything we do and enjoy being a part of our lives. I enjoy the trips to Montana and your trips down here. I know you were a wonderful father to Brian when he was little, and you are now a wonderful Grandpa to Coleman and Spence. They are crazy about you! I look forward to every chance to talk with you and visit. I feel so blessed to have gained another amazing Dad!

Brian,
Since Coleman and Spence can't put into words what an awesome Daddy they think you are, I'll do it for them. I can tell how much you love your boys. You provide for them everything they need. You discipline them out of love. You give them your time and attention. I know some Dads don't do that with their young children. Of course sometimes they seem to be trying to drive us insane, but you never lose it with them! I thank you for being a godly man that they can look up to. I know they want to be just like you, and that's a good thing! You and I are so blessed to have the fathers we have, and you are carrying on that tradition with our boys. Thank you for being the Dad you are to them! I love you so much for it!

With three incredible role models, I have all confidence that Coleman and Spence will one day grow up and be amazing Dads as well. I love you guys!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Hi Amanda you are very special to our family. I am so blessed to have such Great daughters!Thank you for the very kind words. You are truly loved by all the Pikkulas. See you in sept! Love Gale
PS say hi to all my boys!

sheree said...

Thanks for making me cry! :)sheree

Jeani said...

What an awesome tribute to 3 great men. My eyes are also full of tears.