Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Since We Last Spoke...

... We've been busy with VBS! Let me think what's been happening. I took a few pictures of Brian and the boys on Father's Day. Of course we did not take them when everyone was dressed nice and clean before church. I remembered it about 7:00 that night. By that time Spence was down to a diaper.

Daddy and his boys on Father's Day

I forgot about the little storm that came through last week and blew one of our trees down. Actually, the storm wasn't that bad, the tree had rotted roots. I still can't get used to it being gone. It provided quite a bit of shade.

The tree that is no more

And this picture is for Jeani. Thank you for sending Coleman this Spider Man costume at Christmas. He likes to wear it around the house, and has even asked to wear it to church. Maybe when it gets cooler. We'll see.

Spider Man doing the, um, zombie walk?

And finally, some news about VBS. I'm teaching 2nd grade and am having a good time. It's just exhausting. Coleman has been having a blast! The first morning he was up in my room with me while I was getting last minute things ready. All of a sudden he says, "I've got to go poop!" We hurried to the bathroom and he went. He pooped again the next morning and earned his reward: Buzz Lightyear!

Posing with Buzz before going to VBS

Hello from Outrigger Island!

This afternoon we left Spence at school and Coleman and I went to lunch and a few stores. I told Coleman I'd let him pick out a beach towel to take to swim lessons next week. (I didn't want him to be the little boy with the pink Piglet towel.) When we got to the store, I said, "Let's go pick out a beach towel." He said, "I don't want a beach towel. I want a swim lesson towel." Gee kid, don't take things so literally. Ha! And in case you're wondering, he chose the Nemo towel over the Spider Man and Lightning McQueen towels. I was shocked! He did, however, just watch Finding Nemo last week. We joined NetFlix. We're in the middle of Bee Movie right now. It's great!

A visit from the cow at Chic-Fil-A today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun/busy week.
love the pictures!

Rita said...

Coleman looks so very grown up...glad VBS is going well...all the boys look cute to me!!!!