Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Hope you had a happy 4th of July! We did! We headed out a little before 9:00 tonight to watch our city's fire works display. The boys enjoyed it. Coleman wanted to know all about how the fire works worked, and Spence was just mesmerized. He would occasionally say, "Boom." Not very enthusiastically, but he was a little tired considering he's usually in bed by 8:30.

We just watched the coolest fire works!

Earlier in the day Brian recorded the boys performing to "This Land Is Your Land." I put some motions to the song and did it this week with my music classes. They had so much fun that I decided to teach it to the boys. I'll clue you in to the motions they are doing, so you can be informed before you watch it.

This land is your land (point to someone)
This land is my land (point to yourself)
From California (pretend to surf)
To the New York island (pretend to be the Statue of Liberty)
From the redwood forest (pretend to be a tree)
To the Gulf stream waters (wave your arm like flowing water)
This land was made for you (point) and me (point to yourself)




Remember to be thankful for all those who have fought for our freedom and for those who are fighting for us now! We love our soldiers!

6 comments:

Rita said...

Just precious....I like the way Spence looks at coleman to see what he is doing...then claps at the end...and Coleman says Happy Birthday America!! You are such an awesome Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul and Candice said...

That is just about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!

I don't know how you got Spence to do that! Maybe having Coleman there doing it, too! I would have never been able to get Paul David to just stand by the flag much less during a song and make the hand motions! Way to go boys!

sheree said...

Too cute. It was good to see video as opposed to still pics - get to see how they sound and act. :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwww that just made my day.
so so sweet.

Sherrie said...

That was adorable!! Great job boys!

Ben Brewer said...

Hey this is Ben Brewer, Opal made me aware of this site. I really got a kick out of the video! Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!