Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Trouble With Girls


On the way home from school today, Coleman was playing with one of his Transformers. He kept asking me about the Transformer, and I kept telling him I didn't know. I think he finally got a little frustrated.

Coleman: Why don't you know about Transformers?
Mommy: Because I'm a girl.
Coleman: That's a boy question?
Mommy: Yes.
Coleman: Sorry. Daddy's not here, so I'm asking you.

I guess that's the trouble with girls. We can't give you good answers to your Transformer questions. It's also a problem for Coleman that I don't spot every tow truck, dump truck, or motorcycle as we drive down the road. I'll have to work on these things.

3 comments:

Rita said...

How sweet.....little boys....God made them to ask, ask, ask about things that move or make noise, etc....

Anonymous said...

I remember the boys realizing that I was not only a mom but a "girl". Gasp!

Wait till they start talking to you about cars and all the parts and the engine and exhaust
and v-tech motors and sound systems...when I look at them all glassy eyed they know Mom isn't following...
you'd think after all these years they'd know?
;)
gotta love 'em!

Debbie said...

Boys are great!
Love em love em love em!
I love to listen to the dad's and son's talking to each other. Ya they get it... what ever it is...
But ....
grand daughters are the BEST !
They can trash a house in a half hour with dress up clothes, hat, botique items, jewlery, shoes, and they hover over you when you cook wanting to stir, mix,and wash all the dishes with lotz soap!
The rest of the day is spent drawing & coloring and they are completely content.
Everyone should have at least one girl to make their life complete!
LOL
We do Love those boys!
T-4