Monday, July 14, 2008

My Apologies

I must apologize, either to all of you, or to the blog itself, for being so neglectful. We've been so busy with house stuff that I haven't been on the computer much this past week. Brian and Dad replaced the sliding glass door in our bedroom with a window. That required a partial wall to be built. Silly me, I thought you needed to hire contractors and carpenters to do this kind of stuff. What do I know? They did a great job! Of course there's just drywall under the window, but we'll choose a new color to paint soon and get it finished. Brian wants to put sconces on either side of the bed before we do though. Ah, another project. The kitchen is my main project now. We took all the bottom cabinet doors off and I painted them. Hopefully we'll get those back up this week. If we don't I might go insane trying to keep Spence out of the exposed cabinets! I have to give a big "thank you" to my mom, who entertained the boys this weekend. Without her, nothing would have gotten done! I mean, building a wall and painting cabinet doors is near impossible with two little boys roaming the house.

3 comments:

Rita said...

We figured you all were BUSY!! Glad you got so much done!! I hear ya...just isn't enough time in a day somedays....Bet it all looks so nice...anxious to see it...

Mrs. H said...

Wow! Y'all have been busy! Can't wait to see the final results!

Anonymous said...

it's ok to be busy especially when you're doing house projects.
I look forward to seeing the new work someday. :)