Friday, July 18, 2008

Things They Won't Pick Up

I just got reprimanded by the garbage man. Who does this happen to?!? Apparently you are not supposed to set out old sliding glass doors with your trash. It broke and went all over the street. He told me that the driver swept it to the curb but we would have to clean it up. Who knew? We are allowed to put out heavy trash with our garbage, but I now know that glass doors are a no no. I've also informed Brian of this new information. You know it's all his fault anyway. He puts it out there, and I get griped out! Fortunately, we have no more sliding glass doors to dispose of. This makes me think... Tell me about a time you got in trouble for something and you had no clue you'd done anything wrong.

Footnote: I have no hard feelings toward the garbage men. They have very important jobs and without them we'd be drowning in piles of our own trash! We will work hard to follow all the requirements for disposing of our unwanted items from now on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew?

I apprecaite the G Men too..
what would we do with out them?
Our GoodWill will pick up items like that and we use them for a deduction. (just an idea for next time.)
T-4

Rita said...

I once was asked by my husband why I had been rude to his bosses wife..according to his boss.....??? I said what?? I had not even seen her....and she thought I was rude because I hadn't said hi..or mad or whatever....I didn't even know she was at the function....so....your garbage man should forgive you....or Brian or whomever ....who Knew???????

Anonymous said...

I cross my fingers every Friday morning when our garbage man comes...
He's very sweet and overlooks the pop cans the boys and their friends (er me) have put in the garbage bags.
I know, I'm not going by the city rules or being very green.
I give our garbage guy a present at Christmas. ;)
That must be why he likes us?