Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Fun Field Trip

The last two Wednesdays while the boys have been at school, I've gotten Jason's Deli for lunch. They have this wrap called the Ranchero that is the best. Mmmmm, grilled chicken, jalapeƱos, cheese, pico de gallo, Ranch dressing, all wrapped up in a veggie tortilla. The only problem is that I get depressed when it's time to eat lunch on Thursday. This week I'm easing back into sub par food. We stopped at Chick-Fil-A on our way back from the Railroad Museum. I'll tell that story in a minute. Sometimes my mind works in crazy ways. I was thinking how much I love that Ranchero wrap, and other foods I love. I started putting together the all time best meal. So if I'm ever wrongly accused of a crime, convicted, and placed on death row, I've come up with the perfect last meal. I would request a Ranchero wrap from Jason's Deli, a chocolate chip pizza from Double Dave's, and a Coke from Whataburger. And also, I wouldn't have to worry about a depressing lunch the next day!

OK, now that you think I'm completely insane, I'll share our trip to the Railroad Museum. I was feeling a little shut in today with all the rain from the hurricane. I was looking for something indoor to do with the boys. I found several cool places, but decided to do the Rosenberg Railroad Museum. The boys will probably enjoy it more when they're older, but they had a good time and so did I! They saw lots of old railroad stuff (yeah, I was listening really well), a caboose, a safety video, a model train set that filled a room, and an old fire truck. Here are a few pictures.

Coleman loved the model train.

They didn't have room to set up the entire set.

There was so much detail!

We love fire engines!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ok so now you have me wishing I was back in Wisconsin for a Butter Burger for dinner & tomorrow I could go for a
Friday Night Fish Fry.
Glad the hurricane missed you!
We got rain from it too although I am sure you got more than we did.
The Railroad museum was full of detail. Looked like a place to visit again.
LOVED SPENCES PAINTING !!
Loved the mother's day picture on the fridge too!
T-4

Rita said...

What a fun thing to do on a rainy day...glad you didn't get too much rain and damage...the boys look like they had fun...we went to the rodeo and tell Brian Gale had a steak sandwich for him.......A chocolate pizza???? seriously??? Never heard of one..is it a dinner course or dessert??