Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memories

This is for my friend Candice. On her blog, she does "On This Day In Our History" and posts memorable things from the past. Click here for yesterday's post, where she was playing catch up and entered several dates. One of them was July 24, 1992 or '93 (we're having a hard time remembering if it was before Jr. year or Sr. year). We went to Little Rock, AR to visit my uncle and aunt. What a fun time! You'll have to read her story about the waterpark. I also remembered a man we nicknamed "Speedo Man." I'm guessing that needs no explanation. It seemed he popped up everywhere we were. I was cleaning out my closet today and came across this picture. I knew I had to scan it and post it! It's of Candice and me standing beside the broken-down Jeep on the side of the road each holding a "little rock." Again, no explanation needed. We were quite witty. In my defense, the wind is blowing. My hair was not that poofy.


And while scanning, I couldn't resist this picture! It was taken on May 28, 1993. School had just let out, so we were officially SENIORS! I had such good friends. I know Jaime and Vivian read my blog occasionally, so hope you guys enjoy the picture!

Candice, Jaime, Dale, Amanda, Vivian, Harry'O, Jay

5 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

You made me laugh! We were holding Little Rocks...how funny are we? We both had on our Kramer shirts in that picture, too! We did have such great friends, didn't we?

thePiks said...

Candice, why does your hair look so normal? What can we laugh at? Maybe your socks? But mine are just the same as yours! Glad you're still my friend, even if I can't laugh at your hair.

Anonymous said...

I love the post! It made me laugh. The picture is great. I am looking forward to being able to see everyone and their kids. Can you believe we are all grown up?
Jaime

Rita said...

What babes!!!!

gtfamilysa said...

Oh, what fun we had! I do have to say, though, I think we've all improved with age!
Vivian