Sunday, August 03, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pancakes Are the Bomb!


Or maybe it was a chocolate chip pancake bomb! Spence calls chocolate "chock." So tonight he was saying, "More chock!" What a sweet little chocolate-covered man.

I can't leave out Coleman. He's become the king of excuses. If you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, he can come up with any imaginable excuse. Most of them are pretty lame. And his latest thing is to reply, "But, but, but, but, but," until he can come up with an excuse. Yesterday he told me he was just going to say one but now!

This weekend I ran into a lady in Wal-Mart that I had worked with when I taught 2nd grade in public school. I remember her as one of the sweetest ladies I taught with. If I could have chosen to see anyone from my days at that school, I would have chosen her. As we were talking, she told me something she always remembers when she thinks about me. It was something I needed to hear. Something that confirmed that even though the years I spent working at that school were some of the darkest in my life (sounds a little dramatic, I know) God brought good from it. It made me praise God to know that she had good memories of me. God is good like that. I dreaded going to work every day when I was there. I looked for other career opportunities. I had to take antidepressants to cope. I eventually got out. But my time there was for a reason. And hopefully God was glorified. I thank Him for causing our paths to cross to remind me that I may not always know why He has me at a certain place, but He can be glorified no matter how difficult the situation.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes, Praise God....you were there for a reason and you left in time to allow us to become grandparents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!