Monday, August 18, 2008

How Much Do They Pay Those Announcers?

I'm so glad the Olympic announcers are there. I could never come to the conclusion on my own that stepping over the line three times during a floor routine might cost the gymnast a medal. And the language they're using to describe the gymnasts' routines - crazy hard. Did their seventh grade daughters help them come up with comments? I loved listening to their comments on the women's 100 meter dash last night. They were going on and on saying what they believed was going through the women's minds as they raced for the finish line. I figure their thoughts for those 10 seconds were pretty simple: Run as fast as you can!!! I read on someone else's blog that she had heard the announcers say, "...it's so important in synchronized swimming to train in the same place together." I bet the first swimmers to figure that out blew the judges away with their awesome degree of synchronization! Here's one I actually heard tonight while watching the women's 100 meter hurdles. After the lady from Sweden fell on the first hurdle, the announcer said (and I'm not lying here), "In the women's hurdles, you've got to make that first hurdle." I should really apply for this job in 2012. I could come up with lines just as good!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Ah..Amanda...you'd be alot better!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't if funny... what we hear when we are listening!
I guess we should all take the mike for 30 minutes straight and see what we come up with.
LOL
Yes you would probably be a lot better!
T-4