Thursday, August 07, 2008

Drop By The Imagination Station

I was upstairs cleaning when Coleman decided to go on a trip.

Coleman: I'm going on a trip!
Mommy: Where are you going?
Coleman: Hawaiiowa! (pronounced Ha-wah-ee-o-wah)

When I finished upstairs, I came down to find out all the details. Apparently, we had to bring all the collections to Hawaiiowa. These included all the Little People, several trucks, other various toys, pillows, and blankets. Spence grabbed his Elmo basket, and Coleman said, "Yeah, cause they have Easter eggs there."

Spence helped Coleman load up the truck.

I was chosen as the driver. Luckily, since I had no clue where Hawaiiowa was located, Coleman pointed it out on the "map."

"Mommy, this is where we live." Hey, pretty close.

"And this is where Hawaiiowa is." Look! It's somewhere near Finland. That's where the Pikkulas originated! I'm not sure where I was expecting it to be. It's not like Hawaii and Iowa are close together.

Coleman took this picture of Spence and me before we got ready to leave.

Spence and Coleman getting into the truck. Hawaiiowa, here we come!

Unfortunately, the trip never happened. I refused to get into the truck, even though Coleman gave me some great pointers on how I could bend and contort my body to fit. I tried to convince him that I could sit on the hearth and be in the cab of the truck, but he said, "We're not going to Hawaiiowa today."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can buy all the neat things for them to play with ..
and play on and the best thing is the trusty old cupboard....
Looks like a pirate ship.. FUN!
They had a great day thanks for sharing !
T-4

Jeani said...

Tell Coleman that Grandma Rita and Jeani will meet you there. We'll start packing up our stuff here too.