Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Will Not Entitle This "Shear Excitement"

Those of you with hair know how expensive it is to get a haircut. I've taken Coleman to so many different places. From a $6 cut to a $17 cut, they all looked like they should have paid me money not to sue them for butchering my son! I've never found anyone that could make his hair look decent. So I decided that I could probably do just as good myself. I figured I would acquire a little knowledge before I just grabbed the scissors and started snipping. Actually, I did that when Coleman was about a year old and it was hideous. So this time I ordered a DVD called "How to Cut Kid's Hair" and invested in some good scissors and a cape. I had to invest a little money, but after a few haircuts it will be worth it. Last night I told Brian that I was expecting Coleman's hair to look really good after I cut it. I have no idea why I was so confident. Sure, I cut Brian's hair, but as long as the guard for the clippers doesn't fall off I can't really mess it up. Here is a before picture:


And here are two after pictures:



What do you think? Not too bad, huh? I popped in a Magic School Bus DVD, gave him a sucker, and he was good to go. Hopefully I'll get better and soon be brave enough to try Spence's. I might have to give him a sucker laced with Nyquil though.

A few other things going on around here...

Spence has been calling Coleman "Buddy" for a while because Coleman calls Spence his little buddy. Today he finally started trying to say "Coleman." It comes out "Tehbin." It's so cute! And he can finally say "Pence!"

Coleman can go to the bathroom by himself, but he likes to come up with excuses so that I'll take him. Here's his latest one.

Coleman: I need to go potty!
Mommy: OK. You can do it.
Coleman: But you have to take me because I love you.

How can I say no to that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did good!
I used to cut our boys hair as well. MUCH CHEAPER!
I still do sometimes...

Rita said...

He look like he had a $25.00 cut to me..I cut Brian's also..it was easy, cuz if I messed up his curls just covered it up...Brent's was alot harder due to no curls...I cut Gale's twice, then he goes for a good shape and thinning...you did good!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

The haircut looks good. Maybe I should pay you to cut EmmyKate's bangs. You would think that I was stabbing her with the scissors at the way she screams about it!