Monday, August 18, 2008

You'll Think He's Sweet

Guess what my wonderful husband did yesterday. After church he stayed home with the boys while I went to the mall! It was the last day of tax-free shopping, so it was quite the mad house. But I didn't care because I wasn't looking for anything specific and I didn't have the boys to keep up with. I stayed out for about 2 1/2 hours, then when I got home Brian took the boys to the park while I stayed home. I love you Brian! I'll take free time over flowers any day! Of course flowers are nice too.

And now for Coleman's cute sayings:

Coleman is doing great going to the potty, but he still sleeps in pull-ups. Last night I opened a new package with a Buzz Lightyear and Woody design.

Mommy: Look at your new pull-ups!
Coleman: Oh! It's Woody and Buzz! Buzz is cool!
Mommy: Woody is cool, too.
Coleman: No, Buzz is cool. Woody will be in a few weeks.

We had Grandma and Grandpa on speaker phone last night. Grandma had asked Coleman what he wanted for his birthday. He told her all this Batman stuff, then ran off to play. I was talking to Grandpa and Coleman ran up to the phone and yelled, "I want a toaster!!!"

Oh, by the way, I bought a purse at the mall. I thought Rita and all the purse girls might be pleased! Love purses! Rita, I had to have a new red one to replace the one I bought in Boston at Filene's Basement 7 years ago! It was time. While I'm on the topic of purses, some of you ladies might enjoy this book. I read part of it at my mom's house. It's hilarious. And she's a Christian comedian and author, so that makes the book even better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That book looks great!
I'll have to check it out.

Brian is beyond sweet and that should give him an A++!

Like you said, flowers are nice but time is PRECIOUS!

Rita said...

Glad you have joined the family in the pursuit of just the right purse!

I wonder if Coleman will change his mind in the next few months for his birthday gift. I rem his Daddy changing what he wanted Santa to bring him the on Dec. 23...too bad, Brian. his sleigh is all ready loaded up...What a good Daddy and sons day!! Hope you stopped long enough to get a good coke too!!

I read a great book on the train...Same Kind of Different As Me...it was wonderful..true story..!

Rita said...

Yes, I saw her last spring at women of Faith...she is a stitch..I must get that book...she'll understand me and my purses...won't she???