Monday, July 28, 2008

A Pain in the Ear

Oh dear, Coleman developed an ear ache and cried from about 5:00 to 7:30 tonight. This affects Spence also because he cannot handle Mommy having to comfort someone else.

But good news - there's an after-hours pediatric clinic close to our house. This isn't really good news for Spence though.

Oh dear, Coleman has an ear infection. At least I think that's what I heard the doctor say over the deafening sobs coming from my child.

But good news - the doctor gave him a prescription (and it's not that good-for-nothing amoxicillin).

Oh dear, Coleman's prescriptions have been running us over $100.

But good news - we've got new insurance! The antibiotic and ear drops were only $15 and $10!

Oh dear, it's 9:15 and I hear Coleman crying.

But good news - Daddy is on his way up to check on him.

Please say a prayer for Coleman that he will start feeling better soon. It breaks my heart when he's hurting and I can't do anything for him. And also, I've never had an ear infection, so I don't know what he's feeling.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

See if you can get him to lay his ear on a heating pad. That always helped me when I was little.

Mrs. H said...

I hope all is better today!

Debbie said...

Poor Coleman...
He will be better soon... I know he is not kidding.. it hurts..
I will e mail you my story...
I will pray he feels better soon.
Thank you God for good doctors that are on night duty to help us!
T-4

Rita said...

I will be saying alot of prayers that the good ole antibiotic kicks in FAST!! Brian used to lay a warm washcloth over his ear....the moist warm felt good....I have only had one ear ache(infection) and it HURTS!!!!!!

Poor Spence.....it's tough to share sometimes...