Friday, July 30, 2010

Allie's First Pony Tail

I've noticed that Allie's hair on top is getting a little long. She has no tolerance for bows, so I decided to buy some tiny pony tail holders and see what she thinks. I'm not sure what she thinks, but I think she looks adorable! You may have to click on the picture to get a better look.

First pony tail

Spence thinks she looks pretty adorable also

Imagine how cute it would've looked if I had brushed the rest of her hair! Ever since Allie was born, I've been a little nervous about being responsible for making her hair look cute. If you haven't noticed, I'm not the best at brushing and taming wild hairs for my boys. Is there any hope for Allie? I remember when I hit Jr. High age I was all about hairspray and "fixing my bangs." It took longer to fix my bangs than the rest of the getting dressed routine. And no one told me this: they needed to be fixed a little better! Well, most of us Texas girls in the late 80s and early 90s looked the same! I'm going to put aside all pride and show you a few pictures.

Freshman 1991

Sophomore 1992

OK, now erase those images from your brain! And let me promise Allie that I will never tease, poof, and spray her hair like that! Unless she's going to a '90s costume party. Then I'm her stylist!

6 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Hey that style may be back in style by the time she is in high school! I hope not but you never know! You should see MY bangs from high school...yikes!

Anonymous said...

Let's hope that style never comes back. Haylea has long straight hair, and hopefully the bangs won't be back! Allie looks SO cute! I love the little pony tail!
Jaime

Jennifer said...

Okay, looking at those pictures, Spence totally looks like you! And EmmyKate is sitting on my lap and I told her that was you and she is arguing with me and saying it is not!

Rita said...

You and Allie both are adorable...and I am positive Brian would have thought so too if he had seen you then!!!

Rhonda said...

oh that pony tail is adorable!!!!
She just makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

My Allison calls it a pony top not a pony tail.
I think that is kinda cute.
Do you know where that beautiful hair came from? My Michigan grandchildren are blessed with it too!
You look great!
You should see my 8th grade picture. Uckadoo!
T-4