Thursday, July 08, 2010

Trying to Turn My Yuck Around

If I had more energy I would do a good news/ bad news post. But I don't. Let me just share the good news that Coleman has learned how to puke in the trash can! Yes, he's our latest victim of the stomach bug that just keeps on giving around here. Three Piks down. Allie had it Wednesday. It was strange because she didn't seem to feel bad, but she went through about three times as many diapers as normal. I'm praying Brian and Spence will be spared. All the sickness around here combined with the rain that won't go away are threatening to send me into a deep, dark depression. Or maybe it's just causing me to be a drama queen. You decide. Seems like I need a good verse. Lucky for us I found some!

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103:1-5

Whew. That's better. He's got it under control and this too shall pass. Here's something else that made me smile on a gloomy day. It's a post on a blog that I have listed on my sidebar, but I wanted to point it out in case any of you were interested. It's some pretty simple and common sense advice on organizing, but I enjoyed it. And maybe between washing loads of sheets, blankets, and stuffed animals that got puked on, I can throw out a piece of junk or two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me kids have all learned that if they are sick, they carry around an ice cream bucket!! It has saved me a lot of scrubbing of carpets and such. Hope the sickness ends there and you all start to feel better soon!!

Rita said...

What fun....NOT.....hope and pray everyone is feeling better.....

Way to go Coleman!!!