Monday, July 26, 2010

Different Kinds of Excitement

Every day of motherhood has its own excitement. Some days there is excitement over new milestones reached by one of your children. Other days you visit exciting places. Then there are days like today. Days where the most exciting thing that happens is that someone poops in his underwear and you have to make the decision to use the dunk and flush method* or just chunk 'em. Today was a chunk 'em day. Kind of a "someone pooped in his underwear day" all around. Then while making dinner I got a call from my sweet husband who told me he got a nice compliment about his family at work, to which he replied, "Yes, I married up." Awwwww. I needed that! Brian, you made my day!

And, no, I didn't just mope around and clean up poop all day. The boys and I played a few rounds of the memory game. They like to add rules that make the game a little more interesting. I'm so blessed to be called Mommy by these sweet little people. They make even the poopy days all worth it.


*If you don't know, the dunk and flush method is where you hold the soiled undies by the waistband and submerge into the toilet. Then flush and repeat as many times as needed until most of the poop has been removed. The problem is that you're left with soaking wet, stinky underwear that now has to be transported to the washer. I don't know about you, but I don't like wringing out skidded up underroos. If anyone has found a better method please let me know!

6 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Oh girl we chunk! (most of the time) Sometimes if it is good and solid we keep, but usually they go in the trash! TMI I'm sure!

thePiks said...

Too much information?!?!? Never! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

I pretty much opt for the chunk it method every time. You are a better woman than I!

Rita said...

I say...if if it doesn't fall in the toilet....toss em!!!

This is from a mother who used cloth diapers for a total of 6+ years!!! And never tossed a one....but.....life is short and underwear is cheap!!

How do hubby's know just when we need a compliment??? that's sweet...

Simply Silly 4 said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed so hard, you are the funniest ever and I love the few blogs I've read (I just found your blog!) and we chunk here because I not as patient as you to even try! :)

thePiks said...

Thanks Crystal! Glad you found the blog and enjoy it. There's never a lack of amusing things to write about when you have kids, but you know that!