Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Repeat After Me: Crazy!

Monday morning I woke up about 5 am feeling a little, well, let's not tell a lie, a lot gross. If there's anything I hate, it's being nauseated. I figured it might be a tummy ache from the 3/4 box of Crunch N Munch I ate while waiting for the fireworks to start the night before. But as the day wore on and I stayed one with the couch, except for the times I was lying on the bathroom floor, I decided I had some kind of stomach bug. Lucky for me, Brian had the day off. I'm not so sure that was lucky for him though. He would probably rather have been at work! But he did a great job! He informed me that the kids had two meals. And when I woke up this morning they were all accounted for. Success!

As for crazy item #2: Someone in this house (I'm guessing a little blonde girl with an irresistible smile) has set the phone to rotary dial. I can't believe we used to live like that! I can hardly stand to wait the extra 6 seconds when I make a call. Brian said he tried last night to fix it, but couldn't figure it out. Maybe we should take our chances and just give it back to Allie to fix.

Next crazy item on the agenda: We have been overtaken by ants. There must be some cracks by the front door where they come in. They especially like to call our house home when it's really rainy. And it has been rainy here lately! Alex didn't even come close to hitting us, but we got rain for several days straight. Coleman, who lives in a video game, has created a game where he and Spence annihilate the ants. They each take a side of the entry and slap their hands down, killing as many ants as they can. Then they have to reload (a.k.a. rest their hands) and start the next mission. Sometimes I sit there and help scout out the invaders. It's just too hilarious to miss!

And the ants' presence has come in handy for Spence. I was walking by the front door and noticed what looked like a puddle of pee pee. So I asked the party most likely to be guilty, "Spence, did you pee by the front door?" And he said, "No. Maybe tiny little ants did." Maybe they did, Spence.

Happy July 4th from The sun's in my eyes, I just got scratched on the nose, and It's way past my naptime!

At least in this picture you can see Allie's adorable patriotic dress

The boys and their friend ready for fireworks

How Spence stays dry in the rain

4 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Oh, I feel your pain on the stomach bug. I had that right before Judson's birthday party...I was OUT for the day!

Spence is just too funny!

We've had ant issues here, too. We used this stuff called Terro. It's a liquid, and you put little puddles of it on cardboard, and the ants LOVE the stuff, then they DIE! You might could get some and put outside your front door. It's always helped with ours!

I love Allie's dress, and hopefully, you can get the phone off of rotary...that's pretty funny, though!

Jennifer said...

I was going to tell you to get Terro too! That stuff is awesome and will definately take care of your ant problem. We tried everything when we moved in our house to get rid of carpenter ants and that is the only thing that worked!

Rhonda said...

I just hate those ants...they do take over and quickly!
Allie's dress is just adorable! I just melted when I saw her in it.
Cute!
Your house sounds like it's busy!
But wonderful!

Rita said...

Glad you are feeling betterand for the actions and comments...I am LOL...and love Allies 4th of July dress!!!