Wednesday, July 28, 2010

One of My Favorite Shopping Seasons

I love the Mall!

School shopping has begun! Last week I bought Coleman a pair of Sketchers one size up from his last pair (which he had never complained were too small, but his toe broke through the end of about 2 weeks before Pre-K ended!). When he tried on the new ones, he said they felt tight, so I took his feet back to Kohl's with me and found that he bypassed two sizes and now wears a boy's size 2! Earlier this week I went through the boys' closet to get an idea of what they have and what they need. They of course do not need anything but shorts and T-shirts or polos for the next 3 months. That's nice, 'cause those things just happen to be on clearance now! I bribed them into the mall today with promises of the mall playground, food court McDonald's, and cinnamon sugar pretzels. OK, the pretzels were more my reward. Here's what we got!

I know it seems odd to buy new shorts for the beginning of school, but Coleman has been wearing most of his shorts for the past 2 years. They were beginning to look pretty small. He should be able to wear these until October or November, then again in the spring. The little red guy is the Iron Man toy from one of their Happy Meals. Spence insisted he be in the picture.


Children's Place had T-shirts for $5, and I love their clothes! The Star Wars shirt is not from C.P. and was not $5, but he begged me (politely) for it, so I couldn't say no. It came with a little Clone Trooper toy (it's on the bottom of his shirt in the picture). I'm pretty sure it was more about the toy than the shirt, but I know he'll wear the shirt a lot.

And I can't just let Spence have all hand-me-downs, so he got a $5 T-shirt also. He picked it out himself! Both the boys' flip-flops blew out a few weeks ago, so we took advantage of the clearance flip flops too! And Grandma, all the Children's Place items were bought with the Christmas gift card, and we've got money left. Thanks!

Here is Allie showing off Coleman's new shoes. Allie's first word, besides DaDa and MaMa, was shoes! She says, "Sooos!", and loves to carry around her shoes or any other shoes she can find.

Last month I started looking for back packs that I could get Coleman's name on, and found this Star Wars back pack and lunch box on Pottery Barn Kids. Coleman loved it!

The lunch box hooks on to the front of the back pack so it doesn't have to be stuffed in the back pack and take up lots of space. So cool!

I know everyone may not get excited about school shopping, but I love it! It brings back so many good memories for me. My mom and I used to go on a back-to-school shopping trip every year. We had the best times! Even though my kids aren't in to it yet, and the boys probably never will be, it is still a lot of fun for me! One day, Allie!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember those days. It was so much fun to go to Dallas or Tyler and spend the night and shop, shop, shop. I think the last trip we made like that was to buy your wedding dress. Mom

Rita said...

I have no idea what you even are talking about....seriously..."-)

"just pick out something and bring it home"....LOL

Coleman's shoes look so big next to Allie!!!

What good deals!!!
You are welcome!!

Mrs. H said...

Awwww your mom's comment made me almost tear up! Sweet!

I too love back to school shopping! We've done most of ours I think...except for Alli's first day of school outfit...apparently it has to say "wow"...who knew!

thePiks said...

Rita, I want to officially invite you in August 2014 to come with Allie and me as we have our first "back to school" shopping trip! And Mom, you're invited also!

Anonymous said...

Nice new duds to go to school!
Love the shorts!
2014 for Allie... whew that will be fun... everyone get a cart!
School is so much fun!

T-4

Jennifer said...

I am so excited that this year I get to do it with EmmyKate. She is all about shopping for herself right now and it is so cute!

Rita said...

Oh wow>....I'll be there!!! thanks!!!