Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hitting the Road

Tomorrow morning the kids and I will take our first big road trip! I'm not sure if that's an exclamation point of excitement or fear. I'm very excited to be going to Oklahoma to see my friend Theresa and her girls. I've tried to prepare for the 8 to 10 hour car ride without thinking too much about it! We've got a scavenger hunt planned, DVDs, and kid CDs. We'll also stop at fast food restaurants with playgrounds several times. I'm just hoping Allie isn't too upset about the long car ride. OK, enough talking about that. I'm getting nervous!

Yesterday on an animal show the boys were watching, they were talking about prairie dogs. Brian commented how people in Montana hated prairie dogs because they would dig holes which the horses would step in and break their legs. Then the horses would have to be put down. He said the farmers would sometimes put ads in the paper looking for people to come to their farms and shoot prairie dogs. So later that day Coleman and my mom were talking. Coleman said, "I used to want to be a construction worker when I grew up, but now I want to be a prairie dog shooter."

Sometimes I can follow his train of thought, like with his new career decision. But other times I have no clue what makes him say certain things. Today in church, Coleman leaned over and whispered to Brian, "When army guys go to battle, how do they go to church?" I guess little boys are just always thinking about army guys!

5 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

Have fun and be careful!!! Can't wait to see all the fun you and Theresa have!

Anonymous said...

The trip will be full of memories!
10 hours in a car... I don't even like that idea.. LOL
Coleman is such a thinker!
And he asks great questions!
Enjoy the trip!
T-4

Rita said...

Travel mercies to you.....It will be fun.....I rem taking the boys on a bus to see my folks....if you want to go.....you do.....Allie will probably take lots of naps....

Tell Coleman, when Grandpa was in the army...they had church ...but not in a building like we think of church...where 2 or more are gathered....in His name.....it is church!!!
And we do have a need for prairie dog shooter in Montana....:-)

Mrs. H said...

Oh have fun!

Coleman cracks me up! That is tooo cute!

Jennifer said...

I hope you have lots of fun on your trip! Good luck!