Friday, April 04, 2008

More Potty Woes

There are certain places you work hard to avoid. Fast food bathrooms are at the top of that list. If it's just me and I have to go, no problem, I can hold my breath for quite some time. But if the kids are in tow, then forget about it. It's like an outing within an outing to lug all the junk in and keep the touching of disgustingness to a minimum. Coleman has developed a condition where he steps one foot into a fast food restaurant and poops his pants. I initially thought it was just triggered by McDonald's, but today it happened at Burger King. I've tried warning him ahead of time that the fast food bathroom is stinky and that it is very difficult to change his pull-up standing by the sink. He's too big to put on the germ infested changing table that pulls out from the wall, and if we go into the stall I have to have one hand free to swat Spence away from the toilet. I think the public restroom is meant for more of a one-on-one defense than a zone. Oh well. Halleluia to whoever invented the travel size Purell hand sanitizer. And until they can both go in the toilet, I guess you'll find me changing poopies in the bathroom of McDonald's (and Burger King, and ChicFilA...).

Gotta love a good poop story. But if you don't, here's a conversation Coleman and I had on the way home from a playdate today. I had just spotted a green Mazda 626 like I had before we got the Civic.

Mommy: See that green car Coleman? Mommy used to have one just like it.
Coleman: See that silver car? I used to have one of those when I was a Daddy. I used to have 10 cars when I was a Daddy.
Mommy: Oh. Your Daddy is working on that. He's up to three!

Love ya Brian! But seriously, stop buying cars.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya Brian ...
Colemans cars cost a dollar...
oh ya I forgot
you got it on e-bay...
ya that was a deal...
maybe like 3 dollars...LOL
Now for the poopies...
well that is a challenge...
No I didn't like doing it either.
At one point I think I even threatened to get out the diapers again.. and the crib.. baby food and a bottle it it happened again.
I never did but I sure was desperate. Eventually it will be all over... and something else will take it's place... there is always something.... LOL
T-4

Rita said...

I laughed out loud....I can just see you...probably cuz we have all been there years ago...and you really do forget somethings until you are reminded of them...it was a good memory jogger...hey...little boys...pooppy pants and cars....

hey...big boys...well...they do like their cars....Seriouly, Amanda,, brian has wanted a car like that since he was 8!!!!!!!!!!!

The only other things I can think of is a house music system...any thoughts of that yet??

I can hardly wait till May 22!!!! Love you

sheree said...

I have been there, and recently. Even grosser, Riley is attracted to the little trash receptacles in the stalls. Riley, "What's that?" As she tries to touch it. Mommy, "Yucky, don't touch, it's the trash." As she swats Riley's hand. Riley, "Why?" As she tries to touch it. Mommy, "Yucky, Riley, don't touch, it's yucky, it's the trash." As she swats Riley's hand. Riley, touch; Mommy, swat, "No, Riley." Riley, smiles. As we exit, one last reach, as Mommy swats hand away again. I know you could probably make a basketball analogy here, but I don't know the terminology. My only defense, she also likes soap and water.

Moral of the story, I know your experience. Have them often. :)
I feel your pain, sister.
sheree