Saturday, April 26, 2008

Summer Shoes!



I've been telling Coleman we would get him some summer shoes soon. That means flip flops! We went to The Children's Place intending to spend $5 on 2 pairs of flip flops, but ended up buying the boys about 16 articles of summer clothing. How fun! (A few hours later I filled up my gas tank for about the same cost. Depressing.) I will admit I love buying clothes, even if they aren't for me. Coleman was walking outside in his new flip flops today and said, "Some little boy might say, 'What's that little boy wearing on his feet?' And his mommy might say, 'They are flip flops.' " That boy cracks me up!


Another boy that cracks me up is Brian. Last night I asked if he'd trim one branch that was hanging down too low. Two hours later it looked like Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Taking Out All the Trees had been filmed in our front yard. I told him he was like a toddler who found the scissors and did a number on his hair! He thought that was pretty funny and wanted me to post a picture. He's going to cut and bundle all the branches and then climb on the roof of the garage and finish off that tree closest to the house later. Please pray for us.


Yesterday we joined a group of friends at an area splash park. These places are great. The kids get to play in the water, and Mommy doesn't even have to put on a swim suit or mess up her 'do! Coleman had a blast, but Spence sat in my lap the entire time. I'm sure he'll warm up to the water soon and start splashing away.


4 comments:

Rita said...

We are still giggling over all your boys!!!!!!!

Remind me to tell you about the time my Mom ask Gale to trim a bush...

Love those flip-flops!!! You explain things to Coleman so well..he has other Mom's doing it also!!

LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the filp flops!
Love the new clothes!
Tree cutter did a great job!
Coleman loves that water!
T-4

Anonymous said...

those little feet in the flip flops are sooooo cute.

Wow Brian you get down to business!
Good job! You could take up a part time job as a Tree Trimmer? ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I also got 2 pairs of summer sandals from Robeez for my sweet kids.