Monday, April 07, 2008

Wal-Mart Shopping List

  • Gym clothes
  • Superman underwear
  • Carpet stain remover

Is it sad that I was so excited to go to Wal-Mart and buy gym clothes? No? Is it sad that I was excited just thinking about it yesterday? Probably. I've decided it doesn't take much to get me excited. Last week I saw a commercial that informed me that Whataburger has their bar-b-que cheddar burger back for a limited time only! I was so excited that I wanted to rush out and get one that instant, but I didn't. I decided I could wait until Wednesday when the boys were at school and I could eat my burger and drink my coke in peace. If you don't have Whataburgers where you live, I'm so sorry. They have the best cokes in the world. Their burgers are good too. I had to take a few years off from eating there once I moved away from home because this was my dad's favorite restaurant and we went there OFTEN. I'll just leave it at that. But I really appreciate a good Whataburger now. And according to my dad, not all Whataburgers are good. When they lived outside of Dallas, the Whataburger close to them was bad. The one in their home town now was bad, but is under new management and seems to be improving. Our Whataburger and the one at Bissonet and Highway 59 in Houston are the best in the area. Enough on Whataburgers, though. My typing was just interrupted by a 3 year old with a plan. This is what he said:

I'm going to make you a deal. If I be really quiet and not bother you if you want to take a nap, then you can't make me go upstairs. Is it a deal?

Hardly! That's the deal Daddy made yesterday when he was home with Coleman after church while I had a meeting. I need that brief time each day when the boys are tucked away in their rooms and I can get some things done, or get nothing at all done, by myself. Sorry pal.

On to the second item on my list: Superman underwear. No, potty training is not going any better than has been, but we thought maybe the excitement of getting big boy underwear would be a motivator. But it might not be, hence the third item on my shopping list. And of course Wal-Mart was out of Superman underwear. I thought Coleman would be upset, but he seemed pretty into the Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Train underwear. So we now have 6 pairs of underwear. Today's goal is not to dirty all 6 and drain the contents of the bottle of carpet stain remover. Are my goals too lofty???

Since I squealed on Brian about making a deal with our child so he could take a nap, I must tell you all something sweet that Brian did for me. Church is usually over about 11:45 and my meeting was to start at 2:00. We live about 25 minutes from church, so I wouldn't have much time at home before turning around and driving back for my meeting. We went to church in two cars, and Brian brought the boys home while I shopped until time for my meeting. I can't even tell you how much I needed a little me time. Thank you Brian! And you worked hard this week, so you deserved a nap also, even if you had to make a deal with a 3 year old to get it!

3 comments:

sheree said...

It really is the little things. Glad you enjoyed some time to yourself. I get those deal offers everyday, and everyday, I resist.

:)
sheree

Rita said...

I just love hearing of your every day life....and you add such a sweet touch of humor to it....keep laughing and enjoy....

Anonymous said...

Yes WHATABURGERS !!
If I even mention the place it is as if we are going in the next 15 minutes! 3 of the 4 in my family just LOVE them ! I prefer the sweet tea! It is near work.. and after a full day I tell my team teacher I am going for a tea and I will be right back... glad you got some time to enjoy a good burger in peace & quiet!! Cherish the bites!
Coleman the deal maker... LOL