Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Don't Let Them Turn Out Weird

I often catch myself in the middle of a strange behavior and think, "I hope the boys don't get this from me." Tonight I was running the bath water and it was a little hot, to which I responded, "hachiwawa." Lovely. I was wondering the derivation of this word, so obviously I googled it. How did we survive before internet? Apparently I've been using this nonsense word incorrectly. Other hachiwawa-ers seem to use it to mean "wow." I just use it to describe something as hot. Maybe I originally thought it was "hotchiwawa?" All this just to say, "I hope my children don't say this word." I guess I should stop saying it.

From this post I'm guessing you can tell things have been slow around here. Potty training has been going pretty well. For the first few days Coleman would just stand over the potty and say he tried. We didn't push, since this was all we had asked. But now he goes almost every time. I've definitely seen improvement. With all the new Hot Wheels he's been getting, I've been going behind his back and weeding out old ones. That was said in confidence. He hasn't noticed...yet.

1 comment:

Rita said...

You are such a wonderful Mommy!!!!!!!!!! God has really blessed Coleman and Spence...and all of us that know you and call you family...

P.S. He'll never miss them....unless someday he finds them in a box and then it triggers a memory of "lost toys"....or clothes...
Glad the potty training is going well...
I've never heard your special word before...but, kids do repeat....it could b worse...LOL