Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hugs, Kisses, and a Cold

I missed playing cars, dump trucks racing around the living room, watching Coleman do 180s and landing on his knees, DVDs about vehicles, and drum solos.

I enjoyed playing with baby dolls, pretending to grocery shop, dressing little girls in pink, and watching Annie and a DVD about mermaids.

Emily and Callie are so precious!

I was welcomed home yesterday with hugs, kisses, and a cold. Poor Spence is sick. He had a fever over 102 last night, so this morning I took him to the doctor. He does not have another ear infection, just a cold. He felt a little better today. I just can't quit hugging these sweet little boys!

Coleman got a magna doodle for his birthday, and he calls it his little computer. He tells me what to draw, I draw it, he approves, and then erases it and tells me the next thing to draw. Yesterday, he said, "Draw Lightning McQueen. Draw jungle drums (something he saw in an old Superman cartoon, see below). Draw my dump truck. Draw me puking in my hands. Draw me licking my finger." He's been obsessed with puking ever since his little stomach bug. Every night he tells me, "I'll call you if I puke." What better way to say, "goodnight?"

4 comments:

Rita said...

OH, I bet they were so glad to see you!! Theresa's girls are darling...Sorry I missed your call tonight...Will call tomorrow..Hope Spence is feeling better!!

Why don't they call Daddy in the night if they puke????? LOL

Anonymous said...

I think we used to have this Superman movie. (it was on a video that had several) my boys would watch it over and over and over. Of course with their superman capes on. ;)

The last time I came home from being away (Nicaragua) I was saying "night" to Jared and he said, "Ma it's better when you're here".
I took that as Dad is good but not quite the same as you.

sweet sweet boys.........

Anonymous said...

Boys are always glad to see their mommy and get those hugs&kisses! You look natural with the girls! A girl would be a nice addition in the future! The girls are sweet you are blessed to have such a good friend.
The drums remind me of Rumble in the Jungle. Coleman would like that story.
Get well Spence!

Jennifer said...

I was wondering where you were on Sunday. I figured Spence was sick since I didn't think I saw him in the nursery. We need to get together for dinner one night!