Friday, January 04, 2008

Last Leg Curse

We are back home again! Why does the last leg of the trip always seem to be endless???!!! We arrived in Salt Lake with no problems. We had a little bit of time to kill, so Coleman was running along when all of sudden he stopped and puked. I had someone call for a cleanup, then we were on our way. "Cleanup in Terminal B!!!" We got to our gate, only to discover that our plane was there, but the crew had not arrived from Wyoming. It was going to be delayed about an hour and a half. And with no regard for our naptime! Luckily Salt Lake airport has some play areas for the kids. After a while, we went back to the gate, it was delayed another 30 minutes, so we asked for lunch vouchers and they honored our request. We were just about to board the plane when Coleman puked again. We told him we'd show him what a barf bag was when we got on the plane. We boarded, taxied for what seemed like hours, then just sat. The pilot came over the intercom to inform us that there was a problem and we would be going back to the gate to have the mechanics do what should be an easy fix. Everyone sighed. I was frustrated also, but quite glad that they found the problem BEFORE we took off. I'm all for getting any airplane issue resolved before cruising at 35,000 feet!

So now we're home. We all enjoyed sleeping in our own beds last night. Coleman and Spence didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning! We met my parents for lunch and to retrieve Maestro. He's as stinky and sweet as ever. Thank you Mom and Dad for keeping him! Now I've started on the first of about 5 loads of laundry and have begun taking down Christmas decorations. From the looks of our living room floor, I need to start weeding through the boys' toys and putting some away. They made out pretty well for Christmas! I just wanted to thank everyone for reading the Jesus Blog during December. I look forward to keeping up the blog this year. And I enjoy reading my friends' and family's blogs. Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

sheree said...

Glad you made it safely. Sorry about all the delays, you sound more patient than I would have been. I've missed reading your updates. Look forward to keeping up with you again. Happy New Year to you also.

Rita said...

Glad you are home...and hope Coleman feels better soon and doesn't get too hungry on the clear liquids!! I sat this morning and drank my tea. in my grandson's mug..(thanks) and read the paper...and I missed the boys so much....It was just so QUIET and boring.."-)

Started the undecoration process also..Yes, that is a word...It means Christmas is over and no more pretty lights and trees!!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about Salt Lake...
Mom and I were there for 8 hours on our way home. The problem was not Salt Lake but the weather in Atlanta. So we were there forever. Wish we had know the delay would be 8 hours we could have rented a car and gone sight seeing for the day. However they extended the layover one hour at a time. Not even time enough for a nap.
I will say the flight from Helena to Salt Lake was the smoothist most PERFECT flight I have ever had in my life!
It was as if we were Eagles gliding on the air currents.
Glad you are home safely and had a wonderful time.
Get better Coleman.
Happy New Year!
T-4

Amanda said...

Yuck! My first spam! Barb is no friend...

Jennifer said...

I got a spam the other day. It was written in another language, so I have no idea what they were trying to sell me!