Saturday, May 23, 2009

Coleman Gets His Groove On

Thursday night was Coleman's end-of-year program at his school. Let me take you back to December, when they had a Christmas program. Leading up to the program Coleman kept telling me, "You can't make me sing." I told him no one would make him sing, and I just prayed that he wouldn't cry or run off the stage! The night of the program, Coleman stood in his spot, looking forward, face frozen in the most serious gaze, arms glued to his sides while all the other children sang and clapped and had a merry ole time.

He's been telling me since I found out about the program that he was going to sing this time. And he did! He sang! He did motions! He will not admit that he had fun, but I think he did. Here are videos of two of the songs his class sang. You are welcome to watch them, but they are mostly there for Grandpa and Grandma and Nana and Poppa. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Jeani said...

What a difference a few months can make. You just never know with children. I loved watching it.

Paul and Candice said...

Way to Go Coleman! He did every one of those motions this time...way too cute! I love to hear little kids sing and make their "r"s into w sounds. It makes me smile everytime!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Coleman!!! Nana loved your singing and motions. Will you do it for me when I see you?

Nana

Rita said...

Yes...enjoy it we did!!!!!

He really was into it this time!! And he even knew what noise and motion was coming next....way to go. Coleman!! And Mom and Dad for taping...THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Great singing !
Great motions !
Coleman you did a great job!
T-4