Monday, May 04, 2009

How to Fight the Minjas

Coleman and Spence fighting the Minjas (Coleman's word for ninjas)

More moves to mutilate minjas

After the minjas were defeated, Mommy made them pose for a sweet picture

I feel bad when I go several days without posting anything, but most days I'm too exhausted to formulate a rational thought, much less write something anyone would be remotely interested in reading. So lately I've been trying to grab the camera and take a few shots of the boys doing something silly. I've figured out that posting a picture of the boys can give you a glimpse into our lives without me having to put forth much effort. When I say that out loud I sound really lazy! OK, so that's a little embarrassing. I'll go ahead and tell you about our weekend so I don't come across as a total loser.

Friday I took the boys to a birthday party at one of those bounce house places. I was honestly a little freaked out thinking about taking them to a place where swine flu germs could be lurking on every surface, but I stuffed a large bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse and went. The place was in a small community outside of Sugar Land (Jumpin' Jacks in Needville for any of you locals) so I felt better than if this was one of those giant places in Houston where tons of other potentially ill kiddos might be. The boys had a really good time.

Saturday all the guys went to Home Depot to buy supplies to start building a shed. I am all too excited about this project because upon completion of aforementioned shed, I will be able to do something I haven't done in ages - park my car in the garage! With the electric car project and other ongoing house projects there hasn't been any room in there. I have not been given a completion date on this project, but I feel pretty sure that someone will hear about it if I have to lug a baby, two little boys, all their junk, grocery bags, and other paraphernalia from the driveway through the 110 degree heat to the front door when I could be parking in a garage. I'm just sayin'.

Saturday night we got a babysitter and went out to dinner with our friends Scott and Jennifer. We went to Buca di Beppo, somewhere Brian and I had never been before. It's an Italian place that serves family style, so the four of us ordered 2 entrees and split them. We also ordered salad and two appetizers. We had a two hour dinner, then took a romantic stroll around Target. It was so nice to have adult conversation and enjoy a leisurely dinner.

Sunday Brian took my place for nursery duty just in case anyone brought their sick kids to church. I found a pew in the very back so I didn't have to feel self conscience about sitting while everyone else was standing then sitting and standing then sitting the whole service. There I go with the laziness again. But sometimes I get so winded that I can't sing if I have to keep standing up. I'm pretty sure God understands. By the way, our pastor has been preaching a wonderful series on Heaven. I've had to change some of my old ways of thinking, and it's been great! If you are interested in listening to any of these sermons, click here. The first sermon in the series was on March 22.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! And if you haven't added your guess to my baby pool, click here!

6 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

I hope you get to park in the garage soon...that made me laugh, I'm just sayin'.

Cute post and don't feel guilty about not posting...the afternoons are tough around here, too. Well, not this week, but last week they were!

Anonymous said...

You had a very nice weekend!
Glad you and Brian got to go out and have some time together and a nice dinner.
Did you get the bunk beds up yet?
The shed will really help out!
Loved the Mingas... in motion!
T-4

Anonymous said...

Overachiever - just a couple of lines would be fine. Okay, really, who am I to talk? Ha! Thanks for being so loyal to your readers. You are a brave mommy to allow those special swords in the minja fight. I don't think I could be so brave. Get rest now, sheree

ps - I am so lazy I can't even sign in to leave a comment.

thePiks said...

Sheree, you are too funny! Just letting you know I still check your blog and am patiently waiting for an update!

Rita said...

My dear sweet one...you are not lazy....you are just so very with chld!!!!

We enjoy the pictures and can just about picture what has gone all with them!!

JasonPeck said...

I think I will check out the Heaven series.

I just realized from looking at your church website that your music minister and I are fraternity brothers. He was just a year or so ahead of me at OBU.