Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Creative Games

Coleman is my little creative genius. At least that's what I like to think. I can't do a lot of active things with the boys at this point (belly.. too... big), and it's getting too hot to go outdoors. So Coleman has been creating some new games. His latest is called Basketball Tricks. This one is perfect for me because I can play it while sitting on a bean bag or in the computer desk chair. He even retrieves the ball for me after each shot. The rules are simple: Coleman comes up with a trick to do with the basketball goal and I have to try to make a basket while he's doing the trick. Once I master a trick, I move up to the next level. The tricks get harder! Some of the "tricks" he does with the goal are spinning it around, leaning it forward and backward or from side to side, or turning it backwards so I have to shoot over the back of the goal. Then there are other tricks where he waves his hands over the basket, lifts and lowers a broom under the basket, or sticks his head in and out of the basket while I try to shoot. The trick here is that he tries to knock the ball out of the basket, so even if I make the shot, he can still knock the ball back out. Some of the tricks that he comes up with make me laugh so hard I can hardly shoot!

The broom trick
If I make the shot, he tries to knock it back out with the broom.

Here you can see he succeeded in knocking the ball out.

Trying to knock my shot out with his head (we have to use our softest ball for this trick).

"Mommy, you shoot and try not to let me catch it in the basket!"

Spence watches all this and even takes a few shots himself. Pretty soon it will be him coming up with creative games! These boys keep me entertained for sure!

2 comments:

Paul and Candice said...

How very cute! He is a creative genius for sure!

Rita said...

How clever....and how lucky you are to have him so attuned to being pregnant!! Everyone should be entertained with a magician and his tricks!!